view more articles:
We do not make any representations about third party web sites that may be linked to the web site.
Respecting information privacy
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of information we collect that is capable of identifying an individual ("personal information").
Problems or Questions
What personal information do we collect and why?
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information, such as your name, email and other contact details (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the web site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the web site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or applying for credit. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the web site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the web site.
- Details of your visits to the web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If you are a real estate agent, your contact details and a profile picture.
If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services or assistance you have requested.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide a better service to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the web site by which you make enquiries of selected estate agents.
- To provide you with service information, products or services that you request from us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service and remind you of your password and username.
Real Estate agents
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose information held about you to the following types of organizations:
- Real Estate agents and real estate agencies.
- Third party suppliers who we have engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, so that they can meet your request for those goods or services, including credit card / payment processing companies.
- Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either:
- We have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- We believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
We also disclose real estate agent contact details (which may include a profile photo) in association with listings or advertisements on the web site, and within our real estate agent directories whose information therein was obtained from publicly available web sites and advertisements
Storage, Security and Processing
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the web site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also use reasonable endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
Data (including personal data) submitted by Meravista’s customers and visitors to the web sites may be held on servers located in the United States of America or in the data centres of Meravista’s outsourced data processors with data centres in Europe and/or Canada. The purposes of transfer of data outside of the United States are the secure storage, back-up and retrieval of data. Meravista has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data intra-group, and has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. You give consent to the transfer of personal data on these terms and for the purposes described above.
Correction and access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Cookies are data that a web site transfers to an individual's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, which are industry standard and are used by most web sites, including the web site, can facilitate a user's ongoing access to and use of a site. They allow us to customize the web site to your needs and serve targeted advertising.
All pages on the web site are coded with measurement software which is transparent to the user. The software makes use of an invisible image at the bottom of the web page. This software stores a "cookie" in the browser, which contains a unique string. This enables them to count the number of unique browsers to the web site. This information is collected and aggregated, and in no way does this unique identifier identify a user personally. We do not and will not marry any data collected with any personal information collected on our web sites.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to web sites outside of the web site, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the web site. Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.